The other day I talked to my newly pregnant girlfriend. I will be flying out to see her soon and told her I would show her the ropes of where to shop, research baby gear, and suggestions on what she might need/want for when baby arrives. I told her I would be staying near Target, which will be great because it’s like a Moms second home. Her response was, “Eh, I only go there a couple times a year, besides why would you go there when you have Amazon Prime.” I remember being ambivalent about Target pre-baby also, could that really have been me only a few years ago? It got me thinking though, what is it about this Red Red store that I, now, can’t live without?
- Target Red card and Cartwheel App: Discounts on top of discounts. It feels like a rollercoaster of savings at this place! Plus Up and Up Target brand items such as diapers, wipes, and diaper pail bags, cost less than brand name items, yes please!
- Tandem carts: There is a serious lack of thought in a lot of stores when it comes to pushing around more than one baby. It drive me crazy, and crazier still when there’s only one baby in a multi-cart when there are thousands of normal carts and only 2 tandem carts, but that’s another rant for another day. Bonus, if the babes are in a mood, the way Target carts are designed, they can even be separated so they can’t bite, hit, etc. etc. etc. each other.
- Easy returns: All you need is your RedCard and your item. Or, if you have the receipt, they just scan the receipt and your card is refunded. No need to fish around the diaper bag for your one or the other, whichever pops up first is all you need. Easy, peasy.
- It gets me out of the house: Let’s face facts, when you’re a SAHM, you could go a long time without leaving the house thanks to Amazon and endless to-dos. Especially in the newborn stages when it can be overwhelming schlepping the baby and gear out and about, but you can grab those diapers baby needs and it’s a very colorful venue for stimulating mom and baby alike.
- In-store Starbucks: Making this store like a gigantic department store coffee shop, all the Targets I’ve been to have a Starbucks inside. So grab a latte, sip and slurp as you stroll through the aisles. A yummy treat while you work those coffee calories off by walking around the massive store.
- The all in one shop; Diapers, hair clips, blenders, cell phone chargers, milk, oh my! I go in for detergent, meander over to the in-store Starbucks for a little treat, stroll through the dresses and handbags “on my way” to my veiled reason for “swinging by” this magical wonderland of a store to begin with. I know I can get all these things (that aren’t Target Brand) on Amazon, but there’s something about browsing and picking up these items in person that is better. You know the size, you know the real color you are getting, and if that doesn’t convince you, refer back to some of my previous reasons.
I still love you Amazon Prime, you have helped me through thick and thin, but Target has been a hangout for me when I haven’t had a destination to go to but needed one. BFF 4 Eva! If you don’t believe me on the fun that ensues here, check out this video from WhatsUpMoms!